Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Board Week!!!!!

If you don't know what Board week is, that is when the Mission President gets out his "board" and arranges around the missionaries for transfers. It is also the time where we could get training calls or leadership calls as well. Although, I don't think that is going to happen to us. 

Anywho, let me think what was going on this week. Hmmm, we got a ton of potential investigators. Now my opinion about potentials are that for me they rarely keep with their appointments. Every time we have had a "potential", we go over to the place they want to meet and they don't answer the door or are too busy for us to come over so that is usually a result for a dropped investigator. But we have over 15 potentials here. How many are solid? Well, we will just have to see when we go and visit them. 

We also gave our talk in the Pincher Creek ward this last Sunday. It was pretty sweet how everything was this Sunday. EVERY THING  was about missionary work. The talks, Sunday School lessons, and the Priesthood lesson was all about missionary work. For my talk this time, they gave me the talk called, "How to Be a Good Member Missionary?". I was thinking about my talk when I was preparing it. Usually when someone announces that their talk is going to be about Missionary work, the congregation sighs and doesn't want to hear it because they heard it so many times. They don't like to hear that we need to go up to people to share the gospel and all that. So I decided to change my talk a little bit and talk about another form of missionary work, Being an example to others. 

I will send you the little draft I made of my talk. I didn't say everything that I wrote down on it. I added little parts in here and there. It was pretty awesome to see everyone's response to it and how much they paid attention. It was also sweet how well my talk went because I usually don't speak that well, but the words came with such easiness it was cool. My companion followed my talk on why we do missionary work. It was a coolSunday!

We also had a lesson out in the Pass with these two people named Jen and Adam. Jen seemed into it, Adam was kinda there to contend. They are very spiritual people, but one of their concerns is that they are afraid to ask a specific question fearing that it will interfere with God's will. Next time we see them, we hope that we will answer that question and that they will more understand what they need to do.

I just got off this last exchange with Elders from the Parklake ward. I was with Elder Cambell here and Elder Konietz went with Elder Keith. Elder Cambell and I came out at the same time. We talked about our memories in the MTC and he also served with my mission dad and told me how he was doing. The exchange went well. He had different views of what missionary work was than I did, but we did well.

Ok, now it is time for your favorite time for the emails. Question time!!!

1. Was the session the missionaries attended only for full time missionaries or were there other non-missionaries in the session?
I only saw 3 non-missionaries that were with us during the session. When it came to the prayer circle, they just asked the temple workers to come in and do it. We missionaries couldn't do that since the rule was there.

2. What exactly did that family and maybe you and your companion write on the shirt?
All I wrote on the shirt was, "Elder Perucca's 1 year Mark." My companion didn't write anything else on it. The Ludwigs however went all out on the shirt. There was a couple of Justin Beiber lyrics on there. There was quite a bit of Burn Baby Burn lyrics on there. Also they wrote their names and drew stuff on it. They just had fun scribbling all over the shirt. :)

3. Whether on most exchanges if you stay overnight in the area you go to or do you go back to your regular area at the end of the day?
Usually, exchanges last for only a day, but since we are so far away, we exchange at the end of P-day and don't exchange back until on Wednesday at 10 where we do district meetings. So, yes we do stay overnight when we do official exchanges. Sometimes we do little exchanges here and there and those don't stay overnight. It's just for an hour or two.

4. Do you and your companion switch back and forth on what ward/branch you attend when you have multiple wards/branches you have responsibility for?
It depends on how far away the ward/branch is from where we live. The only two times where I have had two wards/branches was now and in Creston, but the wards are pretty dang far away. In Creston it took about an hour and a half to get to the meeting house and here it takes about 45 minutes to get there. We only have a certain amount of clicks so we can't go out a ton. We have only gone out twice to the Pass and the rest was in Pincher Creek. 

5. Whether you as a missionary are encouraged to keep a gospel study journal?
We have been encouraged somewhat. I have seen missionaries who do that. I don't do that usually. In my Preach My Gospel, I usually just write on the notes on the sides. The scriptures I write in my scriptures of what I thought. Maybe when I run out of space in my Scriptures, I will have to get a study journal.

6.Did you know that Jayne will be having her 1st birthday a week from tomorrow?
Yes, I did know that and I am sad I get to miss it. :(. I do see videos of Jayne here and there on facebook and she is adorable and...hopefully she will be friendly to me when I get back. 

7.How many total missionaries are now in your mission?  Do you know how many are elders, how many are sisters, and how many are senior couples?
I thought I answered this question already...but, there are about 250 missionaries here. I don't know exactly how many elders, sisters, or senior couples are in the mission, but I heard the percentage was 80% for elders, 15% for sisters, 5% for senior missionaries.

8. Does your mission have missionaries to go the doctor on a yearly time frame to have a physical, etc.?
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about that or if we have to. :/

9. Are the members in Pincher Creek good at feeding the missionaries?
I also thought that I answered this question as well...but somewhat. If we don't have anyone to feed us, the Ludwigs volunteer to feed us. 

10. How often do you go on splits?
It depends on who you are with. If you and your companion are just regular missionaries, it is about 2, so that the district leader can go with both companions. But since my companion is the district leader, we go on exchanges with all the elders which there is 3 companion-ships other than us. We went weekly this transfer, but it may change this next transfer.

11. How often do you have District meetings and how many are in the district?
District meetings are on a weekly basis. Every Wednesday for us. There are sometimes Zone Training meetings which usually are two times a transfer. There are 8 of us in this district which is pretty big.

12. Is Pincher Creek like Creston?  Same size? By the mountains?
Pincher Creek is very much like Creston. Small town, stores close at the same time as in Creston, and they are by the mountains as well. Creston is surrounded by mountains, here they are just off to the side.

13. Do you help play the piano at church meetings, or missionary meetings?
I didn't really start playing the piano for church meetings really till I got here. I somewhat play the prelude music of sacrament meeting here. I play until the organist gets there. Missionary meetings usually yes I do. But there are certain Hymns I cannot play though so that kinda holds me back with that. 

I think that is about it with the whole week! Sorry no photos this week though. :/ I forgot my camera this time :/. I will try to bring it next time! Love you all and take care!

-Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment