Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello Ya'll! Almost 3/4 done with mission!

This week was mostly a service week and boy was there a lot of it. We did a lot of driving. Plus we were working with a lot of our investigators like Frank and Annie and Edward. Cade did get permission and we are going to start teaching him this Thursday. He seems very golden and he is ready to be baptized from the looks of it. Things are doing super well. The members are starting to trust us a lot and love us as missionaries which I think is very crucial to missionary work. If the members don't support you or don't like you, the transfer is going to be terrible. Good thing that the members can see that we have investigators. This sort of bothers me because I don't think member trust should just come when a investigators comes. I believe members should always help missionaries no matter what the missionaries have to teach. It will make the missionaries life so much easier and put them in a good mood to stay out on their mission. Lots of members thing it is just the missionary that influences himself to go home, but there are different factors that fit in there.
I do believe a mission is not for everyone. But still when people don't go on their missions or when they come home early, their families start freaking out. It is not the end of the world if someone doesn't go on a mission. I have seen what a blessing it is to go on a mission and yes that could be used to encourage people to go on missions, but let us not use shame or disappointment to motivate people to go on missions. Then they are going out for the wrong reasons.
This Valentines day is my 18th mission birthday. When it hits that means I have only 6 more months left on my mission. Things are going pretty dang fast and I am loving it. I will be home before you know it.
The reason I want to go to UVU is because of the friends I will have there and it just feels right. I don't want to live at home so I hope to find a place to live.
The Book of Mormon studying is going great! I love it! I am now remembering what happens at certain parts in the Book of Mormon. And when I re-read the Book of Mormon, I can just read my side notes and remember what I just read. It has helped me a lot!
Sorry for such a short letter this week. I promise for a longer one next week. More exciting things will happen next week and I will have plenty to talk about. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment