Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas is coming fast!

Holy Cow!

This Christmas season is coming super fast and I cannot keep up with it! Usually I am waiting at home for Christmas and that takes forever. Here however, it is the exact opposite. It is crazy how much things change out here in the mission and how fast time flies.

We are still working on finding new investigators, but this holiday season is making it pretty difficult since people are going to be going away or not have time for us. Still, we are showing others that we love and appreciate them. We made cookies this last week and went around to others delivering it to them and they seem to like it. It is just a short act of kindness to others that we show out here and it seems to make a difference.

Our church meeting was both scary and also powerful. Our bishop gave an amazing talk about what we should give God for a Christmas gift. It was cool because he turned to the Old Testament book of Micah. It was amazing how that short book can teach us so much about the heart! We also had to teach Gospel Principles class that day and I am not a great teacher in front of large groups. Plus, there was this semi-investigator there and he asked some pretty deep questions. He made some good points, but it was tremendously deep doctrine. Still, it was an enjoyable church meeting.

We also had a Christmas dinner on Saturday, the same day as when Elder Bednar game. Oh my! Elder Bednar just through down some stuff that was just jaw dropping! It made our zone out here in BC just freak out and it made so much sense what he was saying. I understand now more deeply of what missionary work is. We are just there to bring the Spirit. The Spirit is the real teacher. He tells us what to say so that He may testify of it in their hearts! It is kinda degrading in a sense, but also shows that we have a lot of responsibility. 

I do not know if I will get my Christmas Package from you in time since the last time we might get mail will be next Monday, but no one has gone to Calgary to pick up the packages. I am still looking foreword to it whether or not it comes before or after Christmas. I think I am planning to Skype you guys on Christmas day and I think we will do it at our Bishops house. We will have to ask about that though. I think I have to get your number to Skype. I will figure out sooner or later and we will discuss a time next week for emails if I get a chance. It will probably be in the morning perhaps around noon. But we shall see!

Love you all and hope you are having a fantastic Christmas season so far. I am enjoying the warm here since it is 3 degrees here. Remember when I say how warm or cold it is here, I am talking Celsius. It has kinda grown on me. Anyways, Love you and be safe.

Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment