Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Weird crap is going on...

Sooooo...some wierd stuff is going on in this ward and we are not too exactly sure to do with it. First off, remember Josh? Well, here is the situation we have at hand. Brother Tinney, who is Josh's father in law wants to baptize him in about two weeks. Josh is not ready at all. He hasn't done anything we have asked of him and we believe he is doing this just so he can please his father in law. He has moved to Crowness Pass however so I guess he is technically out of our area and other missionaries responsibility. But this still leads to another problem. Brother Tinney wants to baptize Josh at Kootany Lake near Creston. He hasn't even asked the Bishop or our Mission President. He has problems with authority and is just going to do this because he wants to. That is probably going to get him disfellowshipped. :/ So we are going to talk to our mission president tomorrow because it is zone conference and see what he will say on the matter. We hope to figure out how to solve this problem.

Not much progress has been made on the matter of lost sheep because no one wants to answer the door or members won't freakin tell anyone about anybody. It is a really frustrating time with these lost sheep stuff because they weren't like the last ward when we did them in. In Bow Valley, people actually reported and did the lost sheep work that they were assigned. But here, they don't. They just basically dumped it on us and only us to work with these people. Sure it is busy work and keeps us working, but without member help on this matter can be really frustrating at times. Oh well, can't say much or do much about it. It really is all dependent on the ward council to do anything on the subject matter.

Also, some really terrifying things are happening around our area. In Lethbridge recently, there was a killing of 3 people and police were everywhere searching for the killers. Then, just last night, a 17 year old sliced a 45 year old womans neck and went to an apartment complex which some missionaries in our zone were and was knocking on doors to get help. Let's just say that the missionaries are in a bit of shock now and are pretty scared to leave their apartment now because of this tragic experience. They are going to move apartments soon, but still it was a pretty scary experience. I am just glad we are a bit far from that kind of stuff. Still pretty close, but still far enough. 

So now that Josh is kinda out of our area, that leaves us with no investigators at the moment which is not new to me. Happens to most of the missionaries out here. So, we are going to give these members one more chance and ask them to see if they can help us find investigators or give us a couple names to stop by. Some of them are pretty missionary minded, but they don't act on it as much as we hope to. You guys basically know my stance on member missionary work and all that. So it will come to no surprise that I think that is the best option we have for this area.

As for Mothers day Skyping: On Mother's day, we have dinner with the family that Mom wanted here to hug me for her. We are thinking that we will skype then and there. We are going to ask her if that is still alright. Early evening is totally fine with me. What exact time is the best for you guys? Just let me know and I can look back on my email and see.

Alright question time!

Question #1:Have you used up all your gift cards that I gave you? 
I have used all of them except for $5 left on my Tim Hortons card. Thank you so much again for these and I really do use them!

Question #2: Do you know who the new mission president is going to be?
I believe I answered this question already, but his name is Steven P. Miles. President recently send us a bio on him and his wife. I will put an attachment on it at the end of this email.

Question #3: Do you know exactly when the new mission president is scheduled to arrive?
At the end of June I believe. We are not quite exactly sure, but that is the general date.

Question #4: When do you have your interview with your current mission president to determine the exact end date of your mission?
I am not sure exactly sure how the getting ready to go home process goes out here. I think I get my "trunkie papers" where it tells me what flight I am going on and when I am going soon. 

That is all I believe. I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday. By the way, my new piano video should be up on facebook now. Check it out! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment