Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Back Home...in Canada

So Transfers just happened last Thursday and I did explain the process of it last time because it changed. SoWednesday I got a call that I was going south of the mission which is like Lethbridge and anything south of that basically. So Thursday morning I packed up and headed out. I was not very happy that I was leaving that ward, not just because I got close to that ward when I was there, but, again, I wasn't able to witness another baptism that I was able to help out with! This happens every single time which frustrates me. I am still mad about that a bit, but not much. However, I do love the south of the mission more than the north of the mission. The members are more willing to do missionary work and the people are a lot nicer which I love. So at transfers when they announced it, they announced the zones that I thought I was not going to be at last. One by one, the zones I thought I was going to be at kept leaving and being taken. Fraser, who drove down with me and was my previous zone leader, were very confused on where we were going to go. Then it got to the last zone which was Lethbridge West which if you remember was about my second area. I got put with Elder Bienz who is a sweet kid and I was now in the Copperwood Ward which is RIGHT NEXT to where I previously served and lived! I was freaking out because I could visit the members I have previously served around and say hi to them and see how they are doing. Copperwood is a family ward, but it is a whole bunch of Newly Weds. That is pretty sweet I think because young people when they try to teach the gospel to others they do it more simply other than most old people who teach deep doctrine to people. But that is why we are there I guess. 

My new companion is Elder Bienz as I have explained before. He is from around Mesa, Arizona and, guess what, HE LOVES SONIC AND NINTENDO STUFF LIKE I DO! I am starting to see a trend here. Whenever I am in Lethbridge I have nerdy companions. Except this one is not as annoying as Elder Smith was. He is pretty chill and let me tell you, he is a great teacher. When he stays on topic of the lesson he is an amazing teacher and he is not even year yet. Plus he and I totally agree how to do work here. We are no longer in leadership. Just regular missionaries and that is just how I like it :). 

The weather is very different down here than in Calgary. IF you remember, it is very very very very very windy! And plus it is still in the winter so the snow comes often and it comes with force! That is why we do Hot Chocolate stand on Friday. We did that this past Friday and I had a great time doing it. We went crazy giving people Hot Chocolate to people. They kept asking what it was about, and we just responded that we wanted to warm their souls and that Jesus loves them. People are really happy down here than Calgary. It was so much fun to do it with other missionaries who know what they are doing as well.

We have two main investigators right now. They are on date somewhere in April, but we feel that we are probably going to push it back because they have to be married to be baptized. They still haven't had an answer for themselves quite yet, but we are working with them. I only remember one of their names and that is Jordan. We will give you guys an update on them later on in the transfer. :)

We do have a scale here to that I can measure my weight over time when I lose wieght. My current weight is 270. I will update you guys weekly on that.

Alright, question time!

Question #1: During transfers, do you travel to you new areas with other missionaries who might be going to the same zone, district, etc.?
All the missionaries that go to the south of the mission go on a bus or the vans that APs drive. There are times however where missionaries drive cars down there that need to be down there and sometimes I ride with them. That is what me and Fraser did.

Question #2, how would you rank the areas you have served in as far as affluence and humbleness?
Hmmm, well that depends on members because some are different than others. But if I had to rate from 1 - 5 with 1 being the worse and 5 being the best.
Creston - 3
Westbridge - 4
Parkland - 1
Pincher Creek - 5
Bow Valley - 2
Copperwood with what I have seen - 4

Well, that is all for this week. I will see you guys next week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment