Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

End of October and beginning of wintery November

Hey y'all! This last week was pretty grand! We had splits like always and also quite a bit of service. Seems like that is all we can do pretty much out here in Creston. I am not complaining because I love it! Splits this time we went and visited a couple of less actives in the ward that we didn't know before. It was nice to meet them and most of them were old people. There are a lot of old people out here in Creston. Creston is getting more beautiful by the moment! The leaves are changing and with the views that you see here it is almost breathtaking. I wish I could remember to take my camera everywhere with me, but I fear I may lose it so I don't take it around me as much. We did go by Kootany Lake again and took more pictures which were swell.

This Friday we had exchanges with the District Leaders. I went to Trail with a "greenie" named Elder Millie from Arizona. Elder Baker who is our district leader came here to Creston with Elder Mackay. I finally got to drive which makes me happy! It actually gets me to do something while we are traveling! But me and Elder Millie drove to Trail which took about an hour and a half to do. Trail is like behind this mountain and right when you go around it, the city of Trail is a beautiful city and the view you get from after you go around it is amazing. Again I wish I would've brought my camera.

We had a pretty set plan in Trail. We had quite a bit of stop-bys with less actives and potential investigators. We met with a few and set appointments with them and left. After we met with this less-active named Brother Pale. He was going through a really hard time. He just got split up with his wife and probably shouldn't have done some stuff that lead to him having to be a certain distance from her. He was breaking down and it was so powerful. We shared a message with him and told him we would be there for him. He appreciated it and offered his thanks. It was pretty powerful!

After we chilled till our dinner appointment. It gave me some time to get to know Elder Millie. He is a pretty swell guy. He likes lacrosse and has a pretty dang big testimony! He is pretty dang intelligent in the gospel as well. I am surprise by how much he knows. 

We got to our dinner appointment and had this delicious choa mang or something like that which is noodles and salad. The dinner was so great! I couldn't stop eating, then again that is normal for a missionary. ;) The family was amazing! We connected with them instantly and we had amazing laughs and jokes. I had my funny laugh come in because I was laughing so hard and that made our laugh attack even worse. I tell you, my laugh is contagious sometimes. :/ But I loved that family and hope that I can see them again sometime!

After we visited this less active and it was just a little short lesson. Nothing much happened. After that we went back to the apartment and rested. I feel so bad. I feel like every companion is going to hate me throughout my mission. Not because of my personality or anything like that, but because of my awful snoring!  Elder Millie woke up in the middle of the night and had to go to another room because I was snoring soooooo bad! I don't blame him! From what they described to me how I sound, I sound horrible. O well, Elder Mackay doesn't mind to much! He is a heavy sleeper.

I have all of a sudden gotten into this love of reading! I used to hate reading and now I just love reading! Well, gospel topic books that is. But I love studying more about the gospel and reading more about it. I am almost done with the Book of Mormon! This will be the second time where I read it through all on my own. I am currently in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Mormon...INCEPTION!!! It is great and I can't wait to read some more when the time comes! 

The weather here in Creston is definitely changing! Last night there was so much wind blowing here in Creston which is rare. It is getting pretty dang cold and I am preparing as much as I can for this cold winter. I can definitely say that I am glad to be here in Creston though. In Alberta, they had 4 inches of snow last night! I am so glad we are out here in B.C. where we haven't gotten snow yet. I think it is 4 degrees Celsius which is pretty dang cold! I don't know when the snow may come, but I shall prepare!

We don't get mail till someone goes to the Calgary Mission office, which is quite a ways away, to pick up our mail and bring it back to us. Usually we have to wait till someone has to go down there for Re-trainers or Trainers or some other thing, then that is when we get mail. I am not sure when I will get my mail from you guys or the birthday packages you said, but don't be surprised if it does come after this week. Still I am grateful for all the mail. email. and packages that you guys are sending. Lets me know that I am loved out here. :) Thank you so much for all your encouraging words! Can't wait to get your mail when it comes time and this week will be pretty dang busy! Love you all! 

-Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment