Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving!! (in Canada) ;)

Hello Family and whoever reads this,

Today is thanksgiving in Canada! We were planning on going to Cranbrook for a Zone P-day, but a less-active family called us and asked us if we wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner with them. We decided to give it some thought and chose to go to this less-active family because they have been struggling a lot and it seemed like they needed our help. 

Tomorrow is Zone Training and we go up to Cranbrook and have a little meeting up there. I am no longer a "noob" or a greenie anymore! There are two new missionaries that came this last transfer. I haven't met them quite yet, but I cannot wait to meet them perhaps tomorrow. Still, it feels great to know somewhat of what I am doing out here.

This week was pretty interesting. We did service like normal, but we also had an Amish wedding at our church which was very interesting. We went because our bishop was not there and the 1st counselor asked us to come help him. The Amish, or Meta-knights as we call them,  were quite nice people. There are some differences with their faith than ours, but the believe in Christ. What kinda amazed me is that they sing all capella because they believe in being simple meaning they can't really watch tv or paint their houses. They still sounded great and the basses hit those low notes very very well. You could tell that the marriage was slightly less equal meaning the man has more of the final say and the women can't do much about it. It was an interesting experience.

We also participated in a baptism after that wedding of a young one which was pretty cool. It kinda made me look back at my baptism even though I don't remember too much about it. I just remember being baptized, feeling warm inside, then after we went to our house and I just chilled downstairs just playing games and stuff. Still, the baptism was great for socializing and we can't do that too much here cause other than the members, people don't wanna talk to us.

I am getting closer and closer to the members here as we go to church or when we eat with them. One of my favorite people here is this little girl of the Simon's family named Adele! She is adorable and perhaps one day I will get a picture of her with me. We can't do too much around children because we need to be cautious of the law, but it is so hard with this little girl. She takes my little hands with her little hands and leads me around the house or to the dinner table and she is just adorable. She is so innocent! And when we say goodbye, she just comes up and hugs my leg all cute like and all I can do is smile at her. Someday when I have kids, I hope my child will be like her and as innocent looking.

We went out towards Kootany Lake and decided to take some pictures of this beautiful lake! I will send you some of the pictures we took. It is beautiful here and the trees are turning into fall colors and it is amazing wherever you look! I love it! Soon it will probably be white because all the snow.

This week will be pretty dang busy. We have lots of splits planned and meeting new members. Hopefully everything will go well! Here are the pictures and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment