Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Transfer, P-day and More

First, I am going to answer the following 10 questions:

1. How long has you companion been out on his mission?
2. How long has he been in Creston?
3. How did your talk go at the Branch in Lake Katoney?
4. How did your contact with the referrals up there go?
5. Is is getting cold up there?
6. Do you eat at members homes?
7. Where are the nearest missionaries?
8. How big is your ward in Creston?
9. Have you been able to teach any one yet?
10. Have you been able to use your piano talent to help your ward out there?

Answers:

1: My companion now has been out on his mission for 7 months.

2. He has been out here for 3 months so far and going on 4 1/2.

3. Our talks went well in Katoney lake. I have more of it in my letter I am sending at the moment. Sooner of later it will get there. But we talked about scripture study and why it is so important and how to get the most out of it. We didn't spend the 20 minutes fully though. I think I talked too fast but I got the point out.

4. We tried to contact all the referrals up there, but none of them were home so hopefully when we go up there again we can see them.

5. Yes.

6. Yes.

7. Well, it is kinda half and half. To the west side we have Trail and Nelson elders and to our East we have the two companionship's in Cranbrook. We see each other every week in our district meetings.

8. It isn't too big. It can be a bit bigger, but like I have said before there have been a lot of less-actives out here so most of them do not come to church. The area is big and spread out though.

9. We taught one young women, but we haven't gotten another appointment and she hasn't been answering her phone so since then not really. We have been giving short messages when we go out and eat with the members. We do plan on each Wednesday to go on splits with members and visit less actives.

10. Meh, not really. I have been teaching my companion to play the piano and it has been going quite well. There is some times where I do get impatient with him, but nothing big. i have told the ward that I do play the piano, but not very well. They haven't told me otherwise.

So there you go! All of those questions answered! This last week was a bit of a hard week since we had all these meetings and appointments planned and they all didn't follow through so we couldn't do too much. We mostly did a bunch of service which is mainly what you do out here. We have been cutting a lot of wood out here for people to get ready for the winter. Every day usually we just chop wood for others. I think I tell more of that in my snail mail letter. I don't know when that will appear at home, but it has more information.

General Conference was amazing! I actually stayed awake all 5 sessions! It was my first time doing that! I was really impressed to hear about the membership of this church! Over 15 million members! The Prophet also said that we are the fastest growing Church out there. I am surprised. He also said that we now have 80,000 missionaries!!! Holy cow! I am deeply impressed by this! The Church is very true!!! I loved the talks in General conference and plan to download them sometime on a USB or CD so that we missionaries can listen to them while we are in the car or eating and such.

Yes, I noticed my birthday was coming up. I am not quite exactly sure what I want in that birthday package. Perhaps maybe some sweaters of jackets out here. It is not getting to cold, but it is cold enough. If you can't or don't wanna send them, that is fine. Other than that, surprise me! 

Well, hopefully this week will be better than the last week. We are getting 2 new boys here in our district and I can't wait to see them. Ha, Noobies!

-Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment