Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Another week goes by super fast!

Did that week just go by? That was like the fastest week I have ever experienced! It was probably cause of a different amount of things. 1. My companion and I have more stuff to relate to like music and more sports and we just love to laugh at stuff together. 2. The ward members are freakin sweet here. They know how hard it is to be a missionary here because the lack of investigators here. They are willing to help anyway they can.
So I explained that most of our time, if not all, is going to be spent on Lost Sheep work. As I explained before, this ward or area is the area that people run to to get away from the church and not be noticed. We have 580 names on our ward list. Only 250 of them actively attend. So the rest is either inactive, or we just have them in our directory because we have no idea where they could be. That is what the ward has assigned us to do is to find these people or to figure out what exactly happened to them. Sometimes, it is frustrating because that is all we can basically do for a day. Sometimes, it helps us find things to do. Overall, this ward is not terrible. I would explain this area as an relax area because finding is very hard to do, so we are trying to gain member trust by talking with them, helping them with missionary work, and other stuff they ask us to do.
You guys have asked me how the guy at the wedding that had the heart attack was. He is good now. His family is one of the families that we visit quite often because they are awesome and that is where our "investigator" lives. However, we won't be meeting with our "investigator" for a while since he is on his honeymoon for quite a bit. So, I guess it is back to Lost sheep work.
I did not get a hug from any person or a package quite yet. I didn't know it would come up that fast. I will keep a lookout or a hear-out on our phone is someone contacts us like that.
Now it is question time and it seemed like you guys asked a lot of questions this time. That is great seeing that most of my letters contain questions for the majority of it.

Question #1, During the wedding where the guy had a heart attack,did any at the wedding party look to you and your companion for help during the incident?

Well, yes and no. The entire wedding only consisted of 10 member. Us, the brides family, and a family that were friends from the Tinneys (the brides family). The rest were all non-members. We were basically in charge of making sure nothing crazy happened during this reception. When brother Tinney, the man who had the heart attack, left for the hospital, people were looking at us, the members, to see what was going on. The family who was in charge of the reception left for the hospital, we were in charge of putting everything away and making sure people got out.

Question #2, do you exchange e-mails or snail-mail with other missionaries serving from our home ward?
There is the option to snail mail a companion by sending it to the mission office and in turn they give it to you, but few missionaries do that. I have not. I shared my email with others, but those missionaries don't really email me anymore which is alright. I don't mind.

Question #3, as you shared last week in your e-mail on how you have grown most in your mission, what has been the most important thing you have learned on your mission to this point?
That a mission is not what everyone thinks it is. Meaning, it is not 24/7 teaching, not 24/7 happiness when you go knock on a door. A mission is basically a normal life. You have hard times and when those hard times come, the Lord is there for you and you give your best. Missionaries rely too much on the Lord here. What I mean by that is that they say all we have to do is believe and do the most ineffective way to do missionary work like tracting or something else. You have to be smart with you missionary work.

Question #4, what scripture or scriptures have seemed to speak to you or touch you heart the most during your mission?
Lehi dwelt in a tent...I am just kidding just kidding. 2 Nephi 32 8-9 I believe.

Question #5, What is your favorite thing about serving a mission?
Well, I have multiple things I like about a mission. But my favorite thing? Hmmmm. Probably gaining member trust and seeing the results of what happened with it. For example, remember Kade Brown the one investigator that got baptized in Bow Valley? That was from gaining trust from the members and them trusting us to teach this young man. That is my favorite thing and service becomes pretty close to that.
Now I have two questions for you.
 1. Did you guy get my package when I sent it from Pincher Creek?
2. Did a member from up here call you guys about teaching Kade Brown and how well we taught him?
and 3. Did you get my package I sent a like 2 weeks ago that I told you NOT TO OPEN UNTIL I GET HOME?
Thank you guys so much for your love and support of me being out here. I don't mind either or for skypeing home. It doesn't matter. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment