Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Depression feeling is gone



I seem to have the exact same feelings when transfers happens. I am really nervous when it comes and although sometimes I do love the area and the companion I am in, I am a bit depressed I got to leave that area except once. I was pretty depressed when I got transferred here. However, my new companion took it very well and let me take the rests I needed to calm down the first week of this new area. The first week is usually the longest and hardest week because you need to get use to your companion and the new area and you basically know nothing about it. You are basically a drag around missionary the first week because your companion knows everything and you don't.
Speaking of companions, let me tell you about my companion now. His name is Elder Bench and he is 21 years old. He is from Idaho somewhere near Twin Falls. I believe the town was named Shoneshone?? You remember those jocks that were in high school who were big and all that. That is kind of what Elder Bench is like. He is a pretty sweet guy! Problem is that we don't have too much in common except sports, however, I am super grateful that I am on the nerdy side and on the sporty side so I can relate to others. He is the district leader out of this distirct and I am the DLB. Our district just goes to Taber which is only 30 minutes away from us. We are only 5 minutes away from main lethbridge so are not far from the city. Because I am DLB, I will get to go on splits more often.
What can I tell you about Coaldale...hmmm? Well, it is a mix between Pincher Creek and Creston. The size is pretty big, but the atsmophere is like Pincher Creek. As far as we are told, this place is one of the biggest places that members go to that don't want to be in the church or runaway from the church. Do you know what most and maybe all of our work is going to be? Yep you guessed it! Lost sheep work! Whoo hoo!!! Except this list is even bigger than the one that we had in Bow Valley when we did Lost Sheep work. The work here for investigators is extremely slow so I don't expect any new investigators anytime soon or ever when I am here.
This last Sunday we had a Stake Conference and a new Stake President was just called. It was pretty funny to see how nervous he was because it reminds me how missionaries react around transfers. Stake Conference was good. It was mostly on the family and telling members and missionaries to study about marriage and family. That is a bit of a trunkie thought if you ask me. I am still working on my study copy of the Book of Mormon and want to get it finished before I get home.
Scary thing that happened this week was we went to a wedding for our dropped investigator and the father-in-law had a heart attack in the middle of the wedding. They rushed him to the hospital and we had to end the reception early because of all the confusment. I hope he is alright. It took a bit of surprise on us.
Alright so its question time!
Question #1: Do I know Elder Pinkney
Yes, I do. He played football with me in High School. He was one of the popular football players and was pretty good. He is about to come home if I remember correctly.
Question #2: How have I grown the most on my mission
Hmmmmm, well I definanlty gained a lot of courage while I am out here to talk to people than I have when I was back home. I still have a lack of courage here and their to talk to people, but it isnt too bad. I has also developed a love for reading! I can now see why people like to read now. I wish I did a lot more reading before my mission or at least found a genre of books that I like.
I would probably say the most I have grown is my trust of people. Although there are times where people do not do what you want them to do or do stuff that you dont like, but trusting first in them makes a big difference. I guess to go along with that a love for the people I work with. I am developing that love with everyone like other missionaries have told me, but with the members and investigators I work with, I develop a love for them.
I cannot tell you my weight anymore because I dont have a scale anymore. So, I guess you will have to see how much I weight when I come home or if I have to guess. Thank you guys so much for your support! I will see you all in 4 months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment