Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Things are looking up

Hello Everyone,

First off, I got to say something. JOCELYN HAS GLASSES!!!!???? Where on earth did that come from? No one told me that she would perhaps get some. Although, I can see Jocelyn wearing glasses in my mind. She would look like a cute nerd. That is going to get some getting used to when I get back from my mission. Jocelyn is definitely growing up faster than I expected. I still think she may still come down with me when I play games and ask obvious questions like when I jump off like a 40 ft cliff and get hurt in a game and she asks, "Would that hurt in real life?" or when she asks silly questions like "Why do you have words?"

Things have been looking up as my subject says. We taught these "investigators" on Wednesday and we took a member with us. He, well, lets just say he threw down some subjects that may have not been the best idea. He threw down excommunication, the sealing words and many more. We were on exchanges that day and me and Elder Millie just kept looking at each other and couldn't say anything. We were freaking out quite a bit inside. Still, when we called our investigators yesterday, they said they loved having our member over and it did solve their concerns and questions. I found this surprising and as well as my exchanges companion. We were flipping out. We got a return appointment with them this Wednesday, but the problem is, we don't know whether to continue on to Lesson 2, or to kinda review Lesson 1.

Elder Bednar is coming this Saturday. He isn't coming to BC however. He is going to be in a Church in Calgary that my now companion was in before he came out here. Bummer he is going to miss him. But Elder Bednar is going to speak to us and we are going to watch it as it is broadcasted. 

We also watched the Christmas Devotional yesterday because we brought another investigator. It went well and everything was good in my eyes. Did make me homesick a bit, but nothing major. There are some times where I sit in our Chapel in Creston and keep thinking this is home. It is a weird feeling.

Christmas is approaching faster and faster. Usually when you are at home you just wait for Christmas to come and it seems like it won't come till forever. Only 16 days till Christmas! That is crazy!

The weather is getting colder and colder here which is odd since Creston doesn't get this cold ever in this month. We were going to be in a parade, but it was so cold that we didn't assemble the float and didn't go down the street. We did however visit our Creche set up many times which I don't mind. We just get free cookies and hot chocolate every time we go. Yesterday was the last day of it and we help take it down. It was sad since it was so peaceful. 

Well, I got to get going. We have to go to Cranbrook today because President NIcholas is coming and wants us there. Thank you so much for your prayers and love. Stay safe!

Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment