Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Transfer P-Day

Today is the beloved transfer P-day. Today we figure out which one of us gets transferred. Elder Mackay got a email saying he is going to Calgary this transfer. So we have to drive 4 hours to Lethbridge to the transfer station up there to drop him off and then I pick up my new companion and head back to Creston. I am excited to see what happens these past few days!
Now this last week was super busy! We had our zone P-day which I believe I told you last time in my email, but after we went to go to Lethbrige for a Zone Conference where a member of the Seventy comes and talks to us. It was nice to see all of my old MTC district members again. It is quite wierd however that I can talk more comfortably with my zone out here in BC then my old one. I love BC and I never want to leave here! Too awesome people! Perhaps I will leave after this Christmas transfer.
But back to the meeting. The meeting was actually really good and the Seventy guy taught us about repentance means change. It really stood out to me and also, they announced something amazing. Do not be confused if everything happens like this because it may change, but I will tell you what they said to us. Somewhere around April, we as missionaries get to use iPads! iPad minis to be exact and they are to be used only for missionary purposes. They said there will be ton of apps on it  that will help us so much in our finding efforts. One of them is a map system where if a appointment follows through, we can just look on our iPad and see any formers or potentials that live in the area and go see them! It is perfect! They also said that the whole gospel library will be  on there and also the Bishop may help us with his calendar and put appointments on for us. Every single missionary will have one. Not just one per companionship, but every missionary. Also, they said if we take really good care of it and respect it, at the end of the missions we get to keep the iPad minis! Everyone freaked out for this announcement! I am pumped for this also!
I think that was one of the highlights of this week as well as we may pick up three new investigators here in Creston. We had exchanges yesterday with the Zone leaders and we mainly focused on finding and we visited a bunch of formers and they welcomed us in and we handed out an invitation to a Creche our church is having which basically a set up display of all these nativities in the Church with some peaceful music and really good spirit. The members say that people love it up here and know what it is. We are still planning on giving invitations sooner or later throughout this week after all the transfers are done. Also, some random drunk guy ranted on us because we went to go visit this former around 7:45 and he said it was too late. But the former welcomed us in and we set back a return appointment for them this Saturday! When we came out the guy was still there and asked how our visit was and we told him that we are planning to come back to talk to them and he got super mad. When we were driving away we saw him kinda following us and then went to the formers house that we stopped by. Hopefully that won't ruin our chances with this former investigator!
Well, that is all that happened this last week and like I said before, it was pretty dang busy! It is just a taste of the missionary work out here though. I keep on thinking though I have been out here for already 3 months! That seems both long and short to me! Although, it was the best three months so far for me. My companion and I are just loving the David Archuleta CD that you sent to me. We are already in the Christmas spirit and it is only the 19th of November!
Well, I should get going! Lots of errands to do and Elder Mackay has to finish up packing for his transfers. Love you all and glad you got my little note. Also a little note: Mom, I don't know if you sent two emails or one because I only got an email from you that the subject was, "Another Thing". I don't know if you sent a previous email, but just wanted to let you know. Anyways, love you all and I will write to you next P-day! See ya!


-Elder Perucca

P.S.: I guess you can count this as our first investigator, but the gospel of Jesus Christ was too strong for him so he became spiritually overwhelmed! But we still love him and took a picture with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment