Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Beginning of November

Wow! What a long week! There was quite a bit of service every day this last week. We have chopped wood nonstop. I think when it comes time for me to leave Creston, I will be an expert wood chopper. I actually enjoyed chopping wood for others. We chop wood for this one member named Brother Laduc. While we do service for him or even just visit with him, he gives us this amazing incite of the gospel. Sometimes when I feel like I am kinda falling away back here, his little incites makes me think more and I regain my faith. But it is awesome!

I finished reading the Book of Mormon on Sunday and I felt good as I finished it! It took over 2 months to read it but it was well worth it. Now I am working on reading the Bible starting with the Old Testament. So far from what I read, it is very confusing. I have to take it slowly.

We had president interviews on Tuesday. President comes and interviews us every quarter of the mission I believe. This was our first one. It was nice to get in touch with him and give him an update on how we are doing. We also had tons of fun as a zone the night before. We talked for quite some time and got a few good laughs. I love my zone out here. It is going to change in a bit though. Transfers is in about 3 weeks, and the best guess is that Elder Mackay is going to get transferred somewhere else. I don't know if I am going to be training someone or just a new companion. Perhaps it will be Taylor Shumway! That would be surprising.

I haven't gotten my birthday package yet or much mail. We got mail last week and all I got was a letter. I am guessing when someone goes to trainers or retrainers this week that it will be there. Like I said, we don't usually get our mail till someone goes to Calgary and gets it or someone from Calgary comes here like it was last week. I keep forgetting to send that check back. Hopefully,. I will remind myself when I have some free time.

I am also driving from now on since Elder Mackay got a speeding ticket. It feels good to actually drive after 2 months of not driving. We got these sweet 2013 cars, but we have summer tires in the winter here. :/ Just pray our car doesn't slip up and flip sometime this winter. Our fleet coordinator is a little confusing and not the missionaries favorite. But we just have to obey and do our best to stay safe.

It snowed for the first time yesterday! My companion was freaking out because he is from Las Vegas and is not used to the cold or snow. I did buy a winter coat. My other coat was not bad, but just wasn't the best. This one feels promising. I don't know if it will continue to snow throughout this week, but if it does we will be prepared. 

We still have a few potential investigators out here. We are really focusing on 3. Micahel, Heather, and Wendy. I think I told you a little bit about Michael and Heather. We met them while we went tracting. They are really friendly people. We stop by every now and again to say hi and talk for a bit. Michael is a really funny guy and acts like a little kid. I think the problem is that I don't know how to bring up the gospel in our conversation. Maybe when they get interested we can start there.

Wendy we met while we were changing our oil. We had to wait and she was also getting her car fixed up. We decided to talk to her. Elder Mackay asked just one question which was, "Where are you from?" and she talked for ages after that. We didn't even have to say one word because she was talking about her whole life. She was going through very hard times and had gone through hard times as well. She seemed like a nice lady, but was mad at the world of how she was treated. After our car was fixed, she opened up to us. She started kinda tearing up and asked our church to pray for her. I said, "Absolutely we will pray for you and if you need anything or need someone to talk to, just call us." and we gave her our number and she was so grateful. We are just waiting til she calls sometime.

My birthday was pretty good. It was one of our busiest days ever. It was raining and we were chopping wood for 3 hours with the ward! It was awesome, but cold. We then ate lunch and did other errands and then went to a dinner. They realized it was my birthday and gave me a farmer cap and two pairs of socks. It was really nice of them and made me smile. 

Halloween was interestesting. We went to eat at this members home and gave a message, but we had to leave pretty quick because we had to be at our pad at 6 because of Halloween. Other than that, nothing much happened.

Well, this week is Trainers and Re-Trainers and if we get a call about training, then we have to go down to Calgary for that meeting. I don't know if I will be training someone or not, but we shall see this week. Love you all back home and I will let you know if I get whatever you sent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment