Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Transfer Week #9

Sorry I didn't tell you guys this earlier, but we are emailing on Tuesday this week since P-day is on Tuesday this week. It happens every at the end of every transfer so usually on Week 6 on the transfer. I just wanted you to know so that in the future you can be able to email me the questions you wanted to ask.

Anyways, this week as I say in my subject is transfer week. However, neither me or my companion are getting transferred which makes us both very happy! We love our area and serving with each other. I would say he is getting very close to be my favorite companion. Two Elders in our district are getting transferred however. Elder Olsen, who lived in American Fork, and Elder Keith are both going to the north part of the mission which is Calgary. So we will be getting two new missionaries in our district. It is going to be pretty interesting to get used to the new elders. 

This week it has been a lot of working with the members with referrals and their missionary work. The people we try to visit can't seem to hold up on their appointments with us so we can't usually meet with them. Also, today actually, is our wards Cornbust. Now, I don't know if you remember, but I believe my very first week in the mission was when the Cornbust in Creston was and I had a blast there, so hopefully this one will be sweet as well! There should be a whole lot of people coming to it and hopefully some promising investigators. Only one problem with the Cornbust however is we can't have it outside. You wanna know why? Here's why:

​And it still snowing as we speak. They said that it will snow until Thursday when it will return to be sunny. Canada weather is really weird. Sometimes even weirder than Utah weather. I do like snow though, just, not at certain times. So we will be having the Cornbust inside so that will be pretty interesting. :/ Also, you may also see that I have a new jacket. Remember when I told you when I went on exchanges in Fort Macloed? We were helping a United Church do some back to school sorting of their clothes, and I found this new jacket and they said I can keep it. I may not have to buy anymore clothing for my mission since I keep getting more and more free stuff here and there. 

We have also heard that we are getting Ipads around the 22nd of September. If you haven't read the article, it explains what is going on. It costs $400 to get it. Now I don't know if that will come out of our home flow or mission funds. That hasn't been told to us quite yet. So, we shall see.

I do have some pictures of last week with me so here they are:

Sorry for the second picture. You may have to turn your head to read it, but we found this at a restaurant. 

Another thing that has happened though is that school has actually started here! It makes me miss those days of school. Awe man do I miss school. But I got a year left for that so no worries. Well, I think that is all. Hope you liked my talk that I sent last time and sorry for the early email. There will probably be a lot of questions for me to answer next week! See ya! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment