Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Very tough week

As the subject says, it was a very tough week. Not because of the work, but this entire week I was super sick. Well, I have been sick for the past 3 weeks, but this week just a wave of sickness to both me and the entire zone! It is terrible. The worst was when last night. I couldn't sleep like at all. Luckily I finally found my medicine pack and took quite a bit of medicine so that it would reduce so I could finally rest. I am still not 100%, but I am definitely better than I was before.
We have been getting a wave of referrals actually from both HQ and from other missionaries. We have been trying to contact all these referrals, but most of them have fallen through except two. We meet with them this week sometime and if my body seems to cooperate, then it should go well. One is named Richard, and he does seem...pretty promising. He is looking all around for churches and wondering which one is right for him. He has been taught before and is really scared on baptism and does not want us to push it on him. It seems like the last missionaries were too forceful or too on his case for that subject. The second one that seems more promising is this woman named Billie Jean. She is looking for a religion too. She was raised Catholic, but doesn't believe in any of it. We set up an appointment this week to meet with her. Hopefully, this will follow through. Lots of lessons get dropped a ton out here. I hear people in other missions that get lot of promising lessons and perfect investigators. Here, that is different. Well, I don't know. I haven't had any golden investigator. But just because you don't have any investigators doesn't mean that you are a failure. I have had a ton of reactivations on my mission and I count that as big as a baptism here, but people out here don't seem to agree which kinda bugs me. But what can you do right?
Oh I forgot to tell you. You remember Taylor Shumway? Well, he is in my district as well with someone who lived very close to me. That means like half of our district is from the American Fork area. It is freakin awesome! We get along as a district very well and I love my zone as well. This is a pretty sweet place!
Now it is question time!
Question #1: What is the name of the ex stake president that had you all for dinner?
His name is Brother Pitcher.
Question #2: Anyone else in you ward that is helpful to the missionaries? 
Our ward is trying to help us by finding people who we can teach. They really want us to use our time to teach and so they are willing to help us to do so, or so it seems. We will see what comes in this area.
Question #3, how long has Elder Olsen been in your area?  
 He has only been hear for 5 weeks since last transfer was a 5 week transfer. We are still trying to get used to the area together.
Question #4, what area of American Fork is Elder Olsen from?
Well, technically he is from Highland, but very close to American Fork so around there.
Question #5, Is it dry like Utah there in Calgary or is there some humidity like non-desert places in the US?  
It is sort of dry. You can feel the dryness. But it feels like Utah, but not at the same time. Calgary overall is just a city place.
Question #6, How many other missionaries do you live with?
I have already answered this a million times. But the only places where two sets of missionaries live together is in Cranbrook BC and in Okatokes Calgary.
Question #7 Are you guys teaching any lessons in church on Sunday or do the members take care of that?
Again, I already answered this question. We mainly teach gospel principles when needed.
Question #8 Did your last area get closed down or were there other missionaries put there so they can continue on with the investigators you were working with?
Yes, there are two new missionaries there. Elder Tesimale and Elder Poulter. I trust they will work with our investigators that we left them with. They will probably love the Ludwigs a ton as well. I am so jealous of them right now. Haha! I wonder how they are doing. Ha!
Well that is all this week. Hopefully there will be more next week.
For Christmas, pants and socks first comes to mind. I will let you know what else comes in mind when I do think of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment