Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

And the snow came a tumbling down...

Holy Snow fall!!! Tons of snow just came out of no where and it has gotten freezing cold since last week! It has been said that is will reach -29 degrees this week! I don't think I am ready for this since my first winter was in Creston. Also, I lost my heavy coat last transfers and I will have to probably buy a new one soon depending on whether the storm gets even worse! I will use my thermals and my thermal garments as much as I can for this one. It did sort of help when I wore them in Creston. Hard to believe by this time it was around transfers in my last year. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I have been out for this long.
This week has been pretty tough. Lots of dropped appointments and try to visit a lot of people hear and there, but a lot of them didn't answer or said they didn't want us to come back. This wards less-active work is kinda coming to a hold and the ward is trying to use us whenever they can to teach their friends. I think I talked about this last time, but the ward's main focus for us this far is that we just do teaching. Sure we can do service here and there, but they really want us to teach a lot in this area. And I am fine with that. The problem is the finding part. You can see however that our members are trying pretty hard to find people for us to teach and if they don't find us to be a trustworthy missionary, we teach them a 10 minute lesson for the dinner message so that we can gain their trust. This kinda paid off this week because right before our Ward Council, a member of the Stake Presidency came in and told us that three of his friends wanted the missionary discussions and wanted to be baptized. We haven't quite met them yet and they said for us to meet them today, but they haven't called quite yet and today is our P-day. So, we will see all that goes on I guess.
As for Richard and Billie Jean, not much has happened. First off, whenever we want to meet with Billie Jean, she is not home or does not answer the door. Richard we have met quite a bit, but he doesn't seem to be progressing the way we want or maybe even progressing at all. He seems just to want free stuff from our Church. Sounds familiar doesn't it? I don't think we are going to meet with them as much anymore because we can read him very easily. We are going to focus on our other refferalls for now.
We went downtown again this week and I find myself to have more courage this time to go. I believe the Lord has sent me to this area now because before then, I couldn't talk to people this easily. I still went with Elder Fekete for downtown. He is not my facorite person to go with, but I do what I can I guess.
I don't help with training new missionaries really. That is their own companion. Speaking of my Christmas package, I need a lot more pants and socks. They seem to be disapearing. Plus, I need some P-day shirts. Like excersise shirts. That is all I can think of for the package. As for your package that I sent you, I don't know why it hasn't got there. I left before he came back to report to me or something like that. I will try to contat him and see what the report is. I love you all and take care! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment