Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

And the Year Mark has past and gone!

I am officially halfway through my mission!!! Holy wierdness! My year mark day was the longest day of my mission! It was that bad! I didn't know what to think when that day came. I think usually I thought back of my days in the MTC a year ago. The first district I had and how much fun we had. As well as me being all innocent and knowing nothing on how mission are and what to do. Now look where I am! I am over a year! 

The last week we mainly just talked to people. Still that law has only given us a few things to say to people. We can only do so much here. We just try to work with members. It is funny because my companion is so used to like finding by ourselves that he somewhat doesn't know what we do here. I have to show him a couple of things with working with members since that is what I find working the best here. We still haven't the whole ward yet because we have been quite busy with meetings and other activities. Remember, that we also have crowsnest pass ward as well. Speaking of which, we have to talk in the sacrament meeting both in Crowsnest pass and Pincher Creek wards. We first speak in the Crowsnest pass this Sunday and Pincher Creek next week. It takes a lot of time to write a talk. 

You know I have been thinking, and this is when I was on exchanges these past few days, of a couple of things. I have been called to serve as a mission to be me. Not to be my companion, not to be my friend, not to even be my bishop, but to be me. While you do change meaning you get more converted and more knowledge of the Gospel, I believe you should not change into an entirely new person. 

We have a Zone Conference this week and we are going to the Cardston Temple for a special session for missionaries. We are going to go inside the Cardston temple and that means I will have been in the two temples that are on our mission! Sweet Eh?! So excited!

Anywho, question time!

1. Why are the libraries closed in your area on Mondays?  Is it like this in other areas of Canada?
I am not sure the exact reason for this. This has only been the time where the libraries are closed on Monday. This is also new to me so again I am not sure.

2. When do you know about what will be your dinner appointments for the week?
We pass out our dinner calendar during church on Sunday. We usually look at it at the end of church and write down whoever signed up and call them the day before and ask them if it is still ok for dinner. 

3. Was Elder Olson (from AF) one of your previous companions or is this another Elder in your mission from AF?
He is another Elder from AF and I just knew him.

4. In this ward you and your companion are assigned to, do you teach any classes during the three hour block times or is that a responsibility for ward members?
We only do it if we are asked to. Sometimes members ask us to do so like last week where we taught the Gospel Principles class. 

5. Did you know that Kyle Baugh was the missionary that helped Andrei Tian bring his suitcases, etc. into the MTC this pastWednesday?  The Lord probably had a hand in that, didn't He?
I did hear about that and I thought it was pretty dang awesome that happened. I think God was in there big time for that and I bet both Kyle and Andrei enjoyed it when they did.

6. Did you know that we love you and constantly pray for you?
I have heard many people say to me that they are thinking about me and talking about me and praying for me. To those who share that with me, thank you so much. That is one of the huge motivations I have to be out here and it helps to know that there are people out there that care about me and want what is best for me. As you probably know when I was going through hard times during my 3rd transfer and feeling like I needed to come home, I felt good when others were telling me how good I was and how much they supported me and loved me. I have seen quite a bit of missionaries out here who go home because they don't feel that love. They feel their companion doesn't love them, they feel they let everyone down and they look badly on themselves. Love is very powerful and you don't want to overlook it. 

That is all I have to report this week! Hopefully I will get you the pictures of the temple and our district next week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment