Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Heyo! Ready to hit the year mark!

Hey ya'll! Sorry it took me forever to email you. The libraires are closed on Monday and we don't have district meeting till like Wednesday so I will be either emailing you on Tuesday or Wednesday from now on as long as I am in this area. Again sorry.

My companion and I are still getting used to this area and meeting everyone that the previous missionaries had in contact. We met a golden investigator that just wants to read the Book of Mormon to make sure this is the right path. He feels like it is, but he wants to be completely sure. We are trying to help him identify that he has already had an answer to weather or not it is true. We know that he had that witness, but he doesn't yet.

We also met and tried to teach this Bahai women. There beliefs are pretty interesting. Our meeting with her didn't really turn into us trying to teach her, but her trying to teach us. It was pretty unique, even though half the stuff she was saying didn't really make sense to us. :/ Don't know what to do there. We go back and help her with service and all, but she has no desire to change. 

We went to the Ludwigs every night this last week because no one signed up for dinner and they are happy to have us over. They are a sweet family like I have said before. We have so many laughs with them. Last time, we danced with them with their game Just Dance 3. Brother and Sister Ludwig love it when we connect with their kids. 

Also, we went on exchanges since I am companions with the district leader of our district. We went on exchanges with the Elders in Clarshome who are Elder Allredge and Elder Olson. I was with Elder Olson in my area for about two days. Elder Olson is from AF and it was super cool to hear and update on how home was in his eyes. He is still learning how to be a good missionary seeing that he has only been out for 9 months. It is pretty cool to look how old I am in the mission and give advice to the young elders of the mission. I can still think of the times when I was a young one in the mission. Like a Greenie. 

Our district is a sweet district and we have so much fun together. We also learn from each other. Maybe some time I can send you a picture of our district. 

Now to the Questions:

1. Does my companion speak English very well?
When my companion was 12, he moved from Germany to Canada in Edmonton and has learn English here. You have to listen very carefully to pick up his accent.

2. Do I learn any German from my companion?
He hasn't told me much yet. I ask him how to say certain things, but that's it.

3. Why does my area have the law about no tracting?
We have been told is because the mayor here and the mayor in Fort Mcloued do not like Mormons and made this law. I figure that this has been here for quite some time. 

4. Do I have more details about my investigators?
(Look above in the summary)

5. Will I do anything special in my one year mark?
I haven't planned anything quite yet for it. I do plan to burn a shirt and tie, but other than that, nothing huge.

6. Am I living with other missionaries?
The only area that has two missionaries in one apartment is in Cranbrook, BC.

7. How does my mission home get money to me?
They transfer the money over to my account with my card monthly. Its about $200 per month.

8. Do we ever bike?
We biked a bit in my last area, but I am not too good at biking. We usually drive, or walk. The bikes are usually there when we get to a new area.

9. What is the percentage of Sister missionaries to elders in my mission?
I hear that it is 20% of our mission is Sisters. I am not too sure with that exactly. 

10. Any seniour couples in the mission?
The only time I have seen a Senior couple missionaries was in BC. Other than that I have not seen any. I have heard of some, but not seen any.

Well, that is all that has happen this week and can't wait till my year mark! I am halfway there! Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment