Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Temple trip, exchanges with zone leaders, and Burning of my shirt

So there has been a lot of stuff that happened this week! First the temple trip that we had!

We went over to the Carston area Thursday morning. It took about an hour to drive over to Carston from Pincher Creek. When we got to Carston, we had to wash our car for vehicle inspections and it was sweet because most of the people in Carston are members. So we got to do a couple things free. After we did that, we made our way straight to the Temple so that we can be there on time for the special meeting for missionaries. This was basically our zone conference for this transfer, The zones of Medicine Hat, BC, and Carston came to this meeting. It was pretty interesting to be all missionaries here in the Carston Temple. 

We learned in this special meeting about the covenants we make in the temple and how it is important for us to keep them. We broke down each one and talked about it.

The Carston Temple is beautiful! Not just the outside, but the inside as well! Your eyes just widen and you are just breathless when you walk in the Calgary Temple! If you ever get a chance to go to Carston, make sure Carston is one of your stops. It was also cool to go through the temple with all the missionaries. Just feeling that Spirit of Missionary work was awesome!

After being in the temple, we went to the Carston Book Store where we looked around for cool LDS material. It was pretty dang sweet to go there!

Our area is still doing pretty well. We haven't met any investigators quite yet since they are all busy or don't respond. We are trying to get to know the members more and also try to talk to people and get noticed out in the town. People know who we are now, they just don't know what we are all about. We need to use the members as much as possible so that we can figure out who is ready and who is not.

Anywho, this last Sunday we went to the Crownest Pass to give our talks. Mine was mostly on being an example as being a form of missionary work. I believe I did well. I took about 15 minutes while my companion took 30 minutes. My companion likes to talk and talk and probably could all day. I usually like to keep my talks simple and straight to the point so that I don't beat around the bush. It was funny though. There weren't that much people there when we went. The Branch President asked us to basically do everything. It was a pretty tiresome sacrament meeting. 

Also, during that church meeting, a new family who moved into the boundries asked us to do laundry for them. Now being innocent as missionaries are, of course we said yes, but we would try to get a member to do it. We told the Branch about it, and he thought it kinda odd and went to talk to the family about why they couldn't do their laundry. Turns out, this family has been moving ward to ward trying to get money and all the help they can get without trying by them-self to do anything. It was pretty troublesome to get in the middle of all that. But we were fine after we figured out certain things.

That same day was the day I burned my shirt. You will probably see it on my facebook. We did it at the Ludwigs home who are the WML family. They are sweet. The video is pretty self explanitory so go ahead and enjoy.

I recently got back from an exchange with the zone leaders. I went with Elder Madsen while Elder Koneitz went with Elder Call. Elder Madsen is going home at the end of this transfer and he and I just had a blast during our exchanges. It was funny because when I went to Carston with him, many of the members there said we look like brothers. Perhaps if you look at the picture of our entire group at the temple, you may see him and I are alike. He is a big kid he is three to the left of me. Anywho, we did cool stuff. Taught a less-active, went to two district meetings, went a little street contacting, and went to an institute class. We had some fun and it surprised me how much we had in common. He liked a lot of music I liked and also he liked certain hobbies I liked. It was a good exchange.

Now we are to right now which is basically me emailing you. Today we are probably going to go back to Pincher Creek after emailing and eat with members and then try to talk to people playing some basketball. Now it is time to answer your questions:

1. What do the people mainly do there for jobs here in Pincher Creek? 
There isn't too much here. From what I understand, there is a bank here, a couple of fast food places, and construction. Haven't really asked that of people here. I don't think people mine here too much. There is a mine in Crowsnest pass. Maybe people go there. I will have to ask around.

2. How am I feeling?  Am I healthy?
I am feeling quite well. My last transfer I did get a bit of headaches randomly, but they went away after a short while. Last I recorded my weight was 253 pounds. I believe that is 7 less than what I went out on. I think the reason I went down was because of all the walking we are doing here instead of driving which I don't mind. It is better than riding a bike I think. 

3. Are you getting along with your companion?  What are the things he does that you have learned from?
I am getting along with my companion quite well. He isn't my favorite companion, but he and I still enjoy each other. He is one of those hard workers who wants to just tract all day, but there have been things changed for him in this area. I have probably learned from him to speak up more. Now I am very picky about this though. I do not like companions where when we walk down a street or go tracting on a door that say, "Ok, your turn. I am not going to say anything." It doesn't help me to learn how to talk to people better nor does it motivate me to do so. I like to work together on someone.

4. Did you know my dad took his endowments out in Cardston Temple?
No I did not dad, but I bet you enjoyed the beauty of the temple when you did. :)

Well, that is all and all. You can probably see I uploaded a lot of pictures on facebook. I took a lot this week. Love you all and thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment