Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Pretty Slow week...but still happy!

Hey ya'll! My 19th month mark is coming up pretty fast and I am super excited. The mission is going so fast and it is hard to answer someone sometimes when they ask what we did on a certain day. Sometimes it is a bit awkward when members see us forget some things we did. The members of this ward are very chill for missionaries and are very willing to help. But here is the problem with that: The ward that we cover is pretty small compared to the rest of the stake here and the people they want to share the gospel with are outside their area and when they report that they did for missionary work, it is usually outside our area and the it benifits other missionaries. I am not saying that it is bad that other missionaries get the results for member missionary work, but it doesn't give us the investigators that the members are working with. However, me and Elder Bienz feel great when we extend a commitment to someone for missionary work and they get really excited for it and follow through with it. I don't expect to have too many investigators to work with here in this area. There are plenty of less actives and members to gain trust from and plenty of them do already. 

We tried to work with Seline and Jordan this week, but they kept pushing back the appointments from day to day. We are not sure why exactly. Elder Bienz told me that this is not normal for them to do. Seline was going up to Calgary to take care of her mother who just had surgery for her brain tumour and she will be gone for about a month I believe. So it will be mostly Jordan for quite a bit. But we plan to skype Seline in when we get approved for Skype or a member brings a device so that is possible so that we can teach the the Law of Chastity. They haven't learned it quite yet and that needs to be discussed before they get baptised. It seems that they are very comfortable with the ward and don't want to leave. They just wanna find an answer for themselves so that they know exactly what they are doing. 

 My companion and I are getting along super well. We always have something to say to each other and it is like there is no silence between us. We love everything the other persons love. We have tons of laughs and it is awesome. He could possibly be my favourite companion. I may get two transfers with him which I will be happy to do so. 

As for my working out progress, it is going great! Every other day I do P90X in the morning and do basketball every morning with the Zone Leaders and the APs. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the APs are in our zone. Anywho, guess how much I loss this week? ;). 5 pounds! Whoooo! I am 265 pounds and if this continues I will be pretty fit when I come home. My companion is a good motivator for that and so is the rest of the zone. Because we share a car, we walk a lot more than I have previously so that will help my work out routine. I am pretty pumped about it!

Alright Question time:

Question 1: Did Kade, the boy in your last area, get baptized?
As far as I know, I believe so. I will ask people in my last area/zone. 

 Question #2, do they do do Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time there in Canada so you have to go through clock time changes twice a year as well?
As far as I know, we do all except in Creston. I am not quite sure about the other times, but I am guessing that yes they do the same.

Question #3, how long has Elder Bienz been serving in the area?
This is his 2nd transfer here so about 2 months.

Question #4, how do you "work with the unmarried" to get them married before they can be baptised?
What we usually do is teach them lessons 1-3 and if they bring up that they want to be baptised, we suggest ways to prepare for that. Sometimes the next step is planning the wedding or to move out and get baptised then. It all depends on the person and what the situation is like. Lesson 4-5 discuss a bit about the Law of Chasity.

Well, I think that is all for this week! Hopefully appointments will not fall through as much this week as they did last week. Love you guys and see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment