Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Slow week and possibly will continue

This week was not very good for us because appointments keep falling through. But we still tried to meet with several members here and there to keep them updated on the ward mission plan. Speaking of which, what is our current wards mission plan? I have always wondered if that was ever part of our ward. 

We did meet with one of our part member family however. His name is Alex Currie. We showed him the Lord, I Believe talk from Elder Holland and he liked it quite a bit. It lead to a discussion where we talked about acting on the faith we do believe. This led him to bring up that he was lacking on his reading of the Book of Mormon. We suggested that we would read the Book of Mormon with him so that if he had questions along the way, he could ask us and it would help him understand more of what he just read. He hasn't contacted us on whether we can start or not. We don't know if he is ignoring our phone calls or just trying to avoid us all together. 

Like I have said in the previous letters I have sent, we are trying to strengthen the ward members based on Richard G. Scotts talk last conference. We are kinda helping the young men do a mission prep class. Sound familiar? :). It is kinda what I did before my mission, but not as long. It is a good idea and gets the young men excited for missions.

My current weight now is now 266. It sucks however when a member tries to feed us and it is my favorite food and I usually pig out on it. I usually control myself more if it is not my favorite kind of food.

Sorry I didn't say much in this letter, but there is not much to report on like in my last area where stuff happened like crazy. But I will now move onto the question part of my letter.

Question #1: do you get very many questions or interaction from people who are not members of the Church right now on Facebook?
Only if I have people that are not members of the church on my facebook profile and I don't have any so far because I can't find them quite yet. No one has really asked me questions yet so I am just waiting for that anyway.

Question #2: how do people you do not know "friend you" on your missionary Facebook account to allow the gospel discussion to take place. 
I usually look up their mutal friends to see if I really know them and then if I add them, I ask who they are. If they don't respond, then they are not interested or not available. There are some people who I do not know who keep adding me and they seem to just want to be friends with missionaries

Question #3: Did I get my package?
Yes I have and I have not opened it quite yet since you told me not to open it till easter.

I really sorry this letter is short. But there is a video I posted on facebook of me playing piano if you guys wanna check it out. Love you all! Take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment