Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

This week was pretty slow as well. It basically goes like this for most of the week. In the morning and afternoon times, people can't really meet with us because they are either at work or they are home without a priesthood home so we cannot really visit them. That is usually what happens in every single area I have been in and it is pretty tough to find stuff to do during that time that is still effective. Tracting is out of the question since this area has been tracted out a billion times already and everyone already knows who we are. However, what seems to work, as always, is to work with members. 

We met with Jordan this week and dropped the Law of Chasity bomb with him. Surprisingly, he took it well. He understood what we were talking about. However, we don't believe that he understood the steps he needed to take to get to baptism concerning the Law of Chasity. Next time we do meet with him, we are going to put an emphasis on him and Seline to be legally married before they get baptized, or to move out and get baptized. By the way Jordan is cancelling most of the appointments we set up with him, it will probably be a while since that will happen.

As for the piano videos, the purpose of the video is to help link people back to the church website or anything the church websites. However, I will consider what hymn(s) would be well known with others. The thing is as well is that my missionary facebook doesn't have any non-member friends so it wouldn't be too much help yet. 

Our transfers are next Thursday and they changed it back to whether we will know on Tuesday if we get transferred or not. That way, I will be able to tell you guys whether or not I or my companion will get transferred or not. We both think that we are both staying this next transfer. If not, well, I will be disappointed, but will still endure. My companion and I had so much fun together and we hope to continue that fun-age.

I am still holding on to 265 pounds. If I remember, I was this weight around my senior year of high school. I believe I am making good process, but I am starting to slow down on the P90X and focus a lot more on the basketball thing. Speaking of basketball, I have improved so much on my basketball skills here on the mission. Remember how I said missionaries have different nicknames out here? Well, one of my nicknames that I just got this transferred because the way I play basketball is "White Ninja". Apparently, I am not really noticed and get the rebound out of no where and put it back up. Whenever I do this sort of thing, the team I am one always yells, "WHITE NINJA! AND HE VANISHES!" because I am only noticed when I get a rebound or put back. So, instead of Perucca or Parooka, it is now White Ninja. 

I am sorry these letters are getting shorter and shorter. I seem to notice that the more I am out here on my mission, the smaller my letters get at home, and it doesn't help when you guys can see what I am doing on facebook most of the time now. 

It is now question time:

Question #1 for you, do you watch all five sessions of General Conference at a Stake Center near you?
Yes, that is usually the default choice. However, there is another option and that is to watch it at a members home if we so choose, but usually members go to the stake center.

Question #2, do you try to bring investigators or less active members to attend and watch with you?
Well, of course. It gives them the opportunity to listen to prophets and apostles to figure out if they are called of God or not.

 Question #3, I believe the question was: do you think that family history work would/should count as missionary work?
Well, in a way, yes. You are giving the opportunity to people in the spirit world to learn more about the gospel and be able to accept those ordinances. Do I believe family history should be just classified as missionary work and that's it? No. I have had many members here whenever I ask them to start doing missionary work or invite others to church activities, they usually respond with, "I am already doing family history work so that is missionary work." That is a bit lazy. I am not saying that family history is bad. It's not. But substituting it for missionary work is not a very good thing. 

Well, that is all for this week. Love you all and can't wait for conference and talking to you guys on Mothers day soon.
-- 
-Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment