Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Fun weekend and P-day

Whoooo! This week was a better week than most of the times that I have been here. The work has been progressing pretty good. Not really for investigators too much. But more like through members and all that. The 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric gave us a lot of members to go see to help the ward become more unified. That is what I think we will be doing most of the time here in Coaldale. Mostly member work and some missionaries don't really approve of this because they think it is just about bringing non-members to Christ. To be honest, I just shut them down out of my head. Everyone, not just some people, but everyone needs to come unto Christ whether they be active or inactive. Member or non member.

This Saturday, Brother Tinney invited us to have a BBQ at his house. He invited quite a bit of non-members and we have been talking to them for quite a bit. The parents kinda show a bit of not interested, but the 15 year old is showing a bit of interest to what we do and what we believe. That is a good start in getting introduced to the gospel. We don't have to just jump into a gospel discussion the first time you meet them or any of that. You just have to introduce yourself and tell them what you do. If they want to learn more, they will ask. If they don't, try telling them what you do in the church, but don't attack them with it. 

I am still figuring out all this college thing, but I am pretty excited about it. I don't know how this works, but I will let you know what I think will work. There are so many options to choose and such so little to do so. We will see what happens.

So this P-day my companion and I and the Stirling Elders who are Elder Sumsion and Elder Reynolds went to Waterton which is this super sweet park. You can see the pictures that I got there on Facebook. We had a blast and couldn't have gone with better people than the Elders that I did go with. It was probably one of the best P-days I have ever had on the mission. 

Question Time:

Question #1: What is the one or two things you would like to accomplish in the next few months before the end of your mission?
Well, this one isn't really important, but perhaps witness a baptism that I helped with. And the other, probably finish my copy of the study Book of Mormon.

Question #2: How is the reading of the Book of Mormon going for you?
I am in Alma 37 in my study form of the Book of Mormon and I am happy to see it progressing so well. I like the way the Book of Mormon looks.

Question #3:  Of all the discussions you have taught during your mission, which has been the most spiritual/wonderful/memorable and why?
That would probably be Kade's first lesson that we taught him because that felt so good! It was so focused on family and seeing how close that family was it just felt awesome! It was like that missionary lesson that you think about before the mission. I loved that member and continuely talk to him. 

Well, that was mostly this week. Sorry if it is a little short. I did get my "trunkie call" they will call my back later to give me my flight information but I am leaving on the 14th I believe. They will let you guys know. Love you all! See ya!


--
-Elder Perucca

No comments:

Post a Comment