Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Trunkie Week #2 plus some terrible frustration

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH BOY! This week was just utter chaos! It doesn't help that the ward is not helping you in any way or doesn't care if you get investigators or not. Plus people invite us to come to their house so that they can just kick us out as soon as possible and being a jerk about it.
You remember the ward I was in when I was with Elder Corning and Elder Larson? I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I believe I said that it was the worst ward I have ever served. Let us change that to this ward. I am not saying this because I haven't tried to fix it or I just came in and the ward was like this. But recently, the ward has just become...aweful.
Now don't mistaken this as there isn't any work in Coaldale. There is plenty of work and we are grateful for that. However, we don't get any support from it or appreciation. For example: Remember those 3 investigators that we found while doing service? Yeah, so we reported them to ward council yesterday, and they didn't care. They just nodded their head and simply moved onto the meeting just telling their-selves how great they were in observing the sabbath. We keep asking for help, but they give none and are not happy with any results we report. It is just so...FRUSTRATING!!!
Ok, so now that we got that out of the way. Let us talk about the great stuff that happened:
Well, we participated in a food drive this past week. It was actually pretty sweet because it reminded me of how we did it at home. Problem was that we did it in the dead heat of the day which was around 2:00. We were dead tired after leaving bags on doors for 2 hours. We had to go back and take a shower. On Saturday, we went to pick them up and that wasn't bad. The people didn't donate much, but I am not complaining about it. The food bank was overwhelmed that our church did this and they thanked us so much for all the food they had received.
The Tinney's weren't home this entire week and our investigators weren't responding so this really wasn't a investigator or teaching week. It was more like service like lifting things in trucks, helping move branches, etc. It is just getting to that time of the year where it is spring cleaning.
It is pretty hard to see whenever I get on facebook the people who are home or announcing they are home. It is not like I am dying of trunkyness, but it just makes me a little homesick to see them. It is not a big deal though. I knew I would probably see those kinds of post now and then here.
Alright now it is question time:
Question #1: What types of things happen in your current district meetings held probably each P-Day?  Do you practice teaching, resolving concerns, etc.?
First off, district meetings are not held on P-day. They are held the day after P-day or if it is on transfers the day before P-day. You can't ruin the sacredness of a P-day! Anywho, what we learn about in district meetings kinda depends on the District Leader. I have had district leaders who include role playing in the meetings and I have had those who don't do role playing in district meetings. Usually, the mission sends a subject list of what to teach in district meetings and sometimes the choice is the district leaders. We usually report our area, go into training, role play (if wanted), and close. It is that simple.
Question #2: Do you attend each of your assigned ward's Ward Council Meetings of just some of them?  Are you and Elder Hulse invited for the whole Ward Council Meeting of just part of the meeting?
This is also depended on the ward. But in this ward we are invited to everything and we stay there for the entire meeting. Sometimes we don't know why we stay there because they usually don't turn the time to us at all so we have nothing to report and it is a complete waste of time.
Question #3: How did the missionaries get volunteered to help with parking at a demolition derby?  That seems a little different or outside what could be termed "missionary service".  Was the rest of your zone helping you with this as it sounds like from your e-mail?
When I was serving with Bench, a random guy called asking us to help him with the demolition derby. He said that missionaries have helped there before. We just decided to take it. It doesn't matter what kind of service it is as long as it is service. I love doing service because of 2 things. 1) It fills in our time and 2) It gets us noticed in these events. I guarantee that more people know who we are because we helped here with this demolition derby. Our whole Zone participated in this event.
Question #4: What activities is the ward having in June?
Every 3rd Friday of the month our ward has a games night where people who come bring the board games they like to play with others. There is also refreshments there and everyone has a great time. Lots of non-members come here so it is a great way to find people I guess.
Question #5: Are you doing any kind of an exercise plan?
Heh, nah. There hasn't really been anything to motivate to do so. Basketball in the morning was a motivator, but since I am not in that area anymore and there are not many Elders that are close to us, they is kinda off the table.
Now as for Andrew Boyle's talk, yes I completely agree. People email me and ask me here  all the time, "What is the best experience on your mission? Any big huge ones?" You guys know it. Mine is Kade's conversion. But I haven't really had any big spiritual experience. However, I have had little experiences here and there to help me grow up and become a man my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I may seem the same, minus the weight gain, but I have grown. I am still me, but I understand more of the world and of Heavenly Father's plan. I don't really believe a persons complete attitude will change because of his mission. People are called out on a mission to be THEMSELVES, not anyone else or some completely different version of themselves. So what Andrew said I totally agree on everything he said.
Now there will be those times where a big thing effect your mission. But I think it is the little things that count. Small and simple things are great things come to pass or something like that. I also afraid to speak in sacrament. Large groups I suck at speaking at. But the mission has helped me with the attitude of if I am asked something, I just do it. I have a plan, but if Heavenly Father tells me something different, I do what He asks. That is basically my guideline through my life and mission.
Sorry, I don't want to ramble. Hopefully, this week will be a lot better than this previous week and hopefully our ward leadership will show us what they want us to do and how they can help. If not, we can't really help with this ward. Love you all! Thank you for your support! Welcome home Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment