Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Last week WASN'T the best week ever...however, this week may be

So some big news is going on! Elder Hulse got a training call and is training someone for his last transfer and I just got a transfer call saying I am going somewhere south of the mission. Whether that be Lethbridge, BC, Medicine Hat, or Carston I don't know. Those are just the possibilities of the last area I will serve in my mission. To be honest, I couldn't be happier! I was kinda done with this area because we did all we could for it and still nothing progressed. Now whether it be because of the area or the ward members, I am not exactly sure. But what I know is as missionaries, we did all we could to help the ward here. Now it is time to move on and go somewhere else.
This new area may be a tough one because for the most part, I am going to think a lot about home and college life. I really don't mind which area I will be in instead of Carston, but I don't think the area really matters for me. I think all that matters is that I get a cool companion who I can relate with and get along with. If I do get one of those, then this next transfer should sail quite smoothly! In the end, it is time to get ready to go home soon.
Elder Hulse isn't too happy about what is going on seeing that he is training his last transfer in this difficult area. I am sure he has a plan however to get the greenie he will get on track.
So in preporation of this greenie coming, last week on Friday we went to a trainers meeting where President gave us his last training on the mission before he leaves on the 30th. It was pretty interesting to be at this meeting seeing that this was my first time going to this kind of meeting. We mainly talked about controlling the greenie fire that the new missionaries get when they come in. I think that is very important to talk about becuase lots of missionaries don't know how to control that sort of thing. Plus new missionaries get frustrated very easily and trainers need to know how to control that sort of thing.
This week will be pretty straight foreword. Today we will enjoy our P-day, then tomorrow we will take a whole day to drive up to Calgary to go to go to the greenies fireside and after that is done we drive all the way back to Coaldale with Elder Hulses greenie and show him around coaldale, although mostly it will be just my goodbyes to everyone I like here. Plus I need to pack all my belongings. I think this will be the time where I start leaving some clothing behing like garments and all that junk. I don't think I need to pack heavy for going home. WE'll get to that part when it comes.
I don't feel like ranting on what happened in ward council on Sunday because I don't have to be there anymore so no rant today. Sorry to disapoint you. Jk!
Alright now it's question time!

#1 Have they told you for sure that your release date and flight home is August 14?
We got a trunkie call from the office telling them where we wanted to go when we flew home. I said Salt Lake and they told me that they would call me when I have a month left and that they would email you guys all the flight imformation. That is my understanding from it. They will give me all the details of my flight soon.

#2 How will Canada Day (July 2) affect your work on Coaldale? Does it affect the whole week of just from July 2(Thursday) through the weekend?
I am not quite sure. It all depends on the area I will be in. I assume it is just a normal day. They haven't said anything otherwise. 

#3 Is it hot up here?
Oh yes it is very hot up here! It can get up to 36 degrees up here! It will be a hot next transfer! I don't think it will cool down until I get home!
Well, that is it for this week! I will for sure tell you where I am and who my next companion is when I get him. Be looking for those emails. Love you all! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment