Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Great week for me, no so for my companion

So as I went throughout this week, I was actually enjoying myself a lot. I was in a good mood and got closer with ward members in this area. It was pretty cool too that I got to go on exchanges with Elder Morenco who is our district leaders boy. So that meant I went to Brooks this last Friday and Saturday. The area was a bit different than ours here in Med Hat and Bow Island. It is more of a townish look, but it is still pretty big. There is SO many different religions there and black people there. I think it was great for the Brook Elders although they are technically English missionaries, they both speak Spanish and that helps a lot in that area as well. Our exchange wasn't bad. Morenco is pretty sweet. He isn't like a obedient Nazi, but he likes to work and I respect that of him. I had a lot of laughs with him. We mainly just did some catch up with his ward members and ward business.

Also on Sunday, we had dinner with these sweet ward members. They loved to take care of us and really wanted to get to know us. I loved them to death. Plus they showed us the movie Heaven is For Real. When I was in Parkland, a member gave me the book to read of that movie which just basically explains the movie, but several things are out of order, but it wasn't distracting. My favorite part in the book and also in the movie was when the kid mentioned that he saw his sister who was miscarried earlier in Heaven. It is pretty sweet to see their reaction to it. It also got the ward members that we were with open up with several experiences that they had. It was just an awesome overall dinner with them.

President interviews were also pretty cool. It got us more of a chance to see what President is like and also his wife. It is funny because they are both very "green". They have those greenie smiles and still trying to get used to this mission. But my interview was basically just a look back on my mission and seeing what I have learned. I focused on telling him I learned a lot of patience than I thought I had. I have also gotten to know my Saviour more and how to recognize more of His will for anything I experience. President wanted me to set a goal to get someone "ready for baptism" before I go. I think that is a good goal to set. It really comes down to the person that I will teach, but it is a nice to think ahead.

Although my week was pretty dang good, my companion on the other hand was going through pretty hard stuff. We kinda narrowed down his sleeping problems down. It turns out that it isn't me that is keeping him up. His restless leg syndrome is doing that. We have called the nurse and she gave some suggestions and he tried that and it didn't work. Then we went to the bishop's wife and she have him a owl and oils to help him sleep and that also didn't work. Then he went to get a prescription from the doctor for him to help sleep and THAT didn't work either! His sleeping patterns are odd. He does sleep more than other nights, but you can tell when he doesn't sleep well. I let him take as long as he can for his sleep so that he can function.

As for the Thai guy, the reason why he is with the Spanish is because he speaks Spanish better than English so the Spanish work with him more. He wasn't here last Sunday and we were supposed to help him again. Maybe next week is we aren't in Bow Island.

Speaking of Bow Island, our Ward Mission Leader has expressed that nothing is really going on in Bow Island and he wants us to talk to the Mission President about the issue. Elder Poulter is trying to figure what is going on since he may be staying here after I leave. So we will see what happens with him.

Question time:

 #1 do you see much of an issue with member sabbath day observance in Canada?
I believe that observance on the Sabbath day really depends on the individual that wants to learn most from it. People may find that socializing with others or doing other things during sacrament is distracting. I don't get distracted easily during the Sabbath. I stay as focused as I can. With others, in Med Hat it isn't a issue at all I believe. In Bow Island, it is more of an issue, but they can fix it.

#2, how is the reverence before and during sacrament meeting in the areas you have served in?
Most all of the areas I have been in except for Coaldale has been pretty dang good for observing the Sabbath. Sure, there is room for improvement, but they are doing pretty good overall.

#3, has a reverent attitude by the missionaries been taught as a general principle to the missionaries by your mission leadership?
Actually, surprisingly it hasn't been brought up to any mission leadership. It has been mostly focused on the ward and ward council people.

I got basically like 2 weeks left. Every day is a trunky day, but I still go out and work. The thought of home comes to mind every day, but can't really block it out so I just keep pressing on. Only two more emails for you guys ^_^. Love you all! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment