Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

One. Day. At. A. Time.

Holy crap! This week just zoomed by, until we got to Bow Island, but still! This week just flew by and it is kinda hard to believe that I am right back to emailing right now. I only got 4 more times to email all of you guys! WOW! 4 more times over emails and then I get to talk to you for real. That is insane! To be honest, I never thought this day would come because there were times on my mission where I was just about to quit. Like...a lot! But now, I am just about done! Crazy how when you think at the beginning of your mission that two years is so far away. And then you get here at this point!

This week was a bit slow because of Elder Poulter. Not like he was bad or anything, but he wasn't feeling good at all this entire week. From as he described it, he just felt like crap all the time or just weak. I personally think that he was suffering through a bit of sun stroke from being in the sun too much. But then his back starting acting up and he said it just hurt. We mostly relaxed this week as he was trying to recover. I also feel bad for him feeling a bit weak and crappy because, and this shouldn't be news to anyone, but my snoring has kicked up a bit. So bad that Elder Poulter has to move to the other side of the room so he can sleep better. Sometimes I feel just a bit guilty for my companions and sometimes their weak or sleepy times throughout the day because of my snoring. Elder Poulter says he is worried more about my progress in the gospel for no woman would want to sleep with me with my snoring like that. Haha! I have all these before so do not worry.

The kid that we put on date is still in Carston and won't be baptized till the 18th we believe. We won't be able to go because...well, it's in Carston and we are like 2 hours away from them. Still, we believe that there shouldn't be anything holding this kid back from being baptized.

This last Wednesday we went to see our President. Kinda like officially meet him. He seemed pretty sweet. President Nicholas was the kind of President that like to say hi, maybe even get a quick handshake, and then go on his way. This President however is one who will shake your hand firmly and look straight into your eyes, like even your soul. It kinda got us a bit scared because this is all new to us. But he is a very friendly President. His plan as he shared with us was that we understand why we need to obey God's commandments. I was super happy for this mission when he announced that because lots of missionaries here do something that we call here "blind obedience" meaning they just do stuff because they just been told to do it and not really figuring out the reasons why. To be honest, I am a little jealous that I won't be here when President Miles is here.

Members here keep on inviting non members to the dinners that we come to and I am very happy that they are doing so. This is awesome! I love members that do this because it helps us become united in the work and it shows trust in us.

Alrighty, time for questions:
Question #1: How do you work Sundays with two different Areas?
So what we do here is for one week we go to Bow Island FridaySaturday, andSunday till church ends. Then the next week we go to Bow Island on Wednesday andThursday, but go to Church here in Med Hat that week. So basically it is every other week.

Question #2: Why is it called Bow Island?
Don't know. I will have to ask that next time we go down there.

Question #3: Neck size?
I believe its 17 or 18.

Question #4:How much can you be on the computer as a missionary?
The standard time we can be on a computer each day is about an hour. This may give or take depending on what we are doing on the computer like blogs, videos, and all other kinds of stuff. The hour is just to help us understand that the base time is, but we just got to be smart with our time on the computer.

Question #5: Did it take a long time to take pictures of all your pictures?
Not really. As I did mention earlier, Elder Poulter was sick a lot this week so on the time where he was relaxing, I drew. I send the pictures to one of the members who I trust to access my account and kinda introduced me to Deviantart.com and she posts it there. I still haven't shared all my drawings yet for I have a binder full of them. It is just sometime I do when we are bored and can't do much else.

Thank you for letting me know that my package is home. Plus thank your for all the support you have given me. I can't wait to talk to you all next week and see what will happen. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment