Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Hello! First week in Creston!

Well I have been here in Creston for 5 days I think! 

OOOOOOOOO Man! The first 4 days just were brutal! I came here expecting missionary work like in those district videos they showed in the MTC. O that is not quite true! Here you have to do many things and it is very hard work. The first 4 days we were here we were just going tracting and street contacting most of the time and kept getting rejected and rejected and I got so freaking tired of it. I remembered I kept thinking to myself, "This is what I am going to do for the next 12 weeks and perhaps more? I don't think I can do this! I don't want to do this! I want to be relaxing most of my time here!" It was a negative feeling and I hated it and I wanted it out! The mission is intensely hard. There seems to be a pattern here. Everytime you go somewhere new on your mission, whether is be the first time at the MTC, or the first time in Canada, or even your first area like Creston, you always have a very difficult time getting used to it. 

So as I was thinking these negative thoughts, I kept saying to myself: "Keep going. You are not a quitter! Keep pushing on." But the question of "How?" kept coming back and kept dragging me down. One night I got on my knees and ask our Heavenly Father to help my attitude to improve and to help me to serve him with all my strength. I prayed that not only I would feel better, but the many missionaries out here will have peace in their hearts. I also prayed for other things. As soon as my prayer was over, again as I shared in my sacrament talk, my heart was lifted and didn't feel like it was heavy anymore and I had a more positive attitude about it. This is the Lord's work! This is not my work or your work, it is His! 

Since then, my attitude on this mission has been much better and I enjoy the people here. Speaking about the people here, everything here is backwards! What I mean about that is that the old people here act like little kids and it is hilarious and I love it! The teenagers and young adults here however are stubborn and don't care much about life. It is one of the few times where I enjoy being around these old people HAHA! They do say "eh?" quite a bit here, but I don't think I will pick it up here. Maybe, maybe not. 

Church here is really fun also and super fast! Yesterday was the fastest church I have ever been to, but it was also very spiritual and I learned many things! I always look forward to church just because I feel comfortable being there and also the people here are very supported. We learned more about the Law of Tithing Sunday and it made me think about it in a new way. If we are WILLINGLY to pay our tithing and not begrudgingly, the windows of heaven will be open and pour out blessings on us. It was amazing!

I don't have a picture of my new companion quite yet. I don't really plan to till we want to really. I am weird! Ha, but my companion is Elder Mackay and he is from Las Vegas, Nevada. He likes helicopters and hopes one day to be in a army. Great...my first companion is training to be in the army. -_-. He is going to push me hard! But he is a great companion and has helped me to get into missionary work. He has the movie "The Testaments" memorized and we quote it from time to time and it is great.

I will send pictures of my old companion and other ones where I feel like I need to send though. I will probably send my old district pictures and a picture of Creston from my house. We are living in a members home and it is nice.

Well, i got to go! Got lots of things to do today and so little time to do. Love you and here some pictures!

-Elder Justin Perucca




No comments:

Post a Comment