Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

This week was great...but ended off...ugh

Heyo,

This week a lot of things happened. First of all we got in with our investigator Andrea and had a...pretty rough lesson. I am not sure we are getting anywhere with her. She is reading and coming to church and praying, but she keeps kinda Bible bashing us as we try to explain stuff to her. She is getting a lot of information about us from different sources. Some not so good. It was mainly a talk on what we do in the temple without telling too much about it. Luckly, her boyfriend came in at times to back us up, but I still feel that she will not progress if this keeps happening. I hope that we can help her a ton to understand.

On the other side, we got some rather happy news. We got a call on Thursday from another Zone Leader in Lethbridge saying that a investigator that is in our area called him and wanted to be baptized. They went to meet her and they set her date on April 14th! We just have to teach her the lessons and also hope that she will be able to come to church twice in a row. Her name is Mickayla and she seems super nice and solid. I hope that she goes through with this as we work with her. 

We are still working with the ward here and there. We are hopefully going to do splits with them on Wednesday. We are also trying to get in contact with more people and get to know our ward more.

Also, Elder Smith is getting transferred :'(. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We had such a fun time together. He is going somewhere in the north, which means either in Calgary or somewhere near there. It is going to be tough seeing him go. I wonder if I am going to like my new companion or if its going to be another rough one. :/ Hopefully it is one that we like.

I have been out almost for 7 and 1/2 months. This mission is going by pretty fast, but I wonder if it is going to go faster. Perhaps so. Anyway, there is quite a bit that is going to happen this week with the new companion and all and the new investigator with the baptismal date. It will be hard to juggle it. 

This last sacrament meeting was awesome though. It was mainly focused on the spirit of service! There was a lot of times where I did feel the spirit of peace come over me when the speakers talked about it. It was swell. I hope our investigators felt it as well. Well, I think that is all I have to report on this week. Love you all and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment