Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Everything is AWESOME!

This week was another pretty dang busy week! We did a ton of service as usual, but also we taught a lot of members the discussions seeing that we don't have any investigators quite yet. We are trying to build trust with the members in our ward still and it is quite expanding, but it is hard to get a lot of members trust when you don't have a investigator pool. 

That is until this Sunday! We recently got two new investigators! One of them was a potential and we stopped by quite a bit, but he wasn't there. Then finally we stopped by and he was there and told us to come over next Friday evening so that we can share our message! Sweet Sweet! His name is Doug. I guess I really had to have patience for this to happen. The other one was pretty sweet too. There was a family that was on vacation and left their special needs kid behind. A teacher was looking after her and they both came to church. We sat next to the teacher during sacrament meeting and explained all that was going on and got to know her. Her name is Erin. She is a very nice lady. We asked her if she like to listen more to our message and she said she is kinda busy now, but gave us her phone number and told us to give her a call later in July. Whoot whoot! Pretty dang excited!

Apparently, we are also hearing that we ARE getting iPads pretty dang soon. They say it is as early as Fall and as late as the beginning of the next year that we are going to get them! I am so flippin excited for that. Lots of missionaries here are not because they don't think our mission is prepared for them. Are you kidding?! This is going to help us a ton! The people who tell us they are not ready for us are a whole bunch of "try-hards". This can really help us and it could really help me in my last area but whatever. I really hope that things will look up from here with the iPads.

I did not get the package quite yet. We do get mail today sometime so by next week I will tell you all that will go on. Tons of my young friends have not emailed me which is understandable because they are probably on vacation or busy with family around this time of year. Can't wait for Kyle to start getting going on his mission! He will soon understand what true missionary work is. Andrei is going to also have a great time.

The work here is pretty dang rough though. This last week was super dead for like street contacting and trying to get in with members regularly because of vacations and stuff and it will probably be like that during this week. That's a toughy. But I guess we do what we can!

Thank you for sending those pictures of Jayne! Those were pretty dang funny. I wonder how she will react when she sees me. She probably doesn't even know who I am. Oh, well. President interviews are this week. Sometimes it's scary to talk to President. 

I think that is all I have to report on. I hope all is going well back at home! Thank you so much for the updates! Love you all! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment