Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Transfer week is here, And I don't know what is going to happen!

Hey all! Things this week were pretty busy. We visited a lot of potentials, well I should say try because they weren't really home or they didn't answer their door so ya. That happens quite a bit out here though. People say, "Sure come on back!" And then we come back and they either say they are busy and to come back later or they do not answer the door. People are too nice to say no here. It is sometimes annoying because you want the straight foreword answer. This is one of the reasons why I do not like tracting all that much. Like I have said before, I think members showing us there friends is the best way for us to get real investigators. But most of the members say they want to help, but they do not do it. It's alright though. I have been working on my patience with them. 

Congrats on Kyle on going to the MTC. I hope he enjoys the MTC. At first I enjoyed the MTC at first, but after a while I wanted to actually get out in the field. The MTC kinda gives you an idea of the mission field. But in the end, to really experience it, you need to go out to the mission field. I am not saying the MTC teaching is bad, it just isn't the same as the real mission field.

This week was two birthdays of someone in the ward. Anthony and Stephen. I got Anothony some Big Bang Theory Dvds. He loves that show. I got Stephen a Regular Show DVD since he loves that show. I kinda go all out on Birthdays to make people happy. They are some of my favorite members.

Now it is Question time:

1: Where is my companion from?
My companion is from Logan, Utah. I do beleive he did say he was born in Houston, Texas, but I need to double check on that.

2. What do we do as a Zone together?
We play lots of things on P-days. Usually it's scatterball which is like dodgeball, but it is with a raquetball. We also play some volleyball also and basketball too. If our zone is a bunch of nerdy kids however, I join in with the game of Dungeons & Dragons. 

3: Do I plan activities with the ward mission leader to get investigators out?
Each Ward Mission Leader is different. Some actually get into the missionary work. Some just tell the missionaries what to do. Ours tells us what to do mainly. He doesn't do too much of his own missionary work. We usually plan activities with other missionaries and plan to do a combine ward activity. We are planning a movie night on August 10th for every investigators.

4.Do I wear my retainer?
...yesssssssss. :/ 

5. Do we teach lessons on Sunday?
If you are referring to Sunday School lessons, that depends on the ward. In Creston, we did that a couple of times for Gospel Principles. My companion and I now usually split up the second hour of Sunday School to cover more ground in the ward so that we can earn the wards trust. We haven't taught any Sunday School lessons here as of yet, but that can change.
If you are referring to other lessons like after church in peoples houses, then yes we still do that. It says in the white handbook we have that tracting on holidays and Sundays are the best time to do so. I disagree. I have done that a lot and it usually comes out to no success. The others days are way better to do that. We usually like to visit members at this time so that we can have something to do on these days.

6. What is my favorite thing about serving the mission?
My favorite thing? Hmmmm, that is a toughy. I love to go to less-actives houses and also members houses to help increase their faith and also to get to know their children. Once the members trust you, the work gets much easier here. I also love the memories I make here with other missionaries. We have so much fun here and it's funny the words we use here out here. Like Pile, chode, posterity, etc. I would honestly say my favorite thing is hanging out with members because that is where I find myself the most effective is to help others with missionary work. 

7. What is my favorite thing to teach people about?
Favorite thing to teach...hmmmm. Well, I haven't taught a lot of the discussions as shown in Chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel to others. I have taught a lot of little messages after dinner or when we go to members homes to teach them. I usually love to teach people the description of prayer that Phil told me. Also, as well as helping people role play missionary work. 

8. What is my favorite thing about Canada?
Ummmmmmmm, let's see. It depends on where you are in Canada. I do like how they use "eh" here. I use it quite often now and I still can't see how last time I talked to you that you think I was saying things wrong. I can't really recognize it. I am sure next time you talk to me you can pick out what I say weirdly.

Well, thank you for all the questions! I love answering those because it gives me something to talk about and helps keep my letters long! Love you all! Stay safe! I will let you know if I get transferred this week!

(From Left to right: Elder Jacobs, Elder Poulter, Elder Hafen being held, Sister Almeda, Sister Stuki, Elder Larson (my companion), me) 

No comments:

Post a Comment