Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Transfer week and HOLY FETCH SNOW STORM!!!

You will not believe how crazy the weather was this Friday. It was Black Friday here and of course people are going to go shopping that day and the streets were extremely busy. But there was a also a big snow storm that just slowed everything down! You couldn't see anything. Like 10 feet at max! We almost got in a lot of crashes because people kept on spinning out. This was only in the morning! Later in the day it got -39 degrees C and we couldn't really go out unless we got schedule appointments which we didn't really so we mainly just stayed inside and tried to call people to set appointments. Other than that, we just read our gospel books and played board games. Pretty fun black Friday right?
We had our Ward Christmas party last Saturday and it was set on a theme of Bethlehem. It was like going through a time portal from the chapel to the cultural hall. It was cool because I was playing prelude Christmas music in the chapel whenever people were waiting for the event to start. I was surprised to know so many Christmas songs by just ear and some I just tried to play on the spot and I did very well. Elder Olsen played a part as well in this so don't worry haha. He dressed up like a Roman Soldier and lead people through the "Bethlehem". We have a picture of us both that members took. We are just waiting for them to send it to us so I can send it to you guys. Usually that is how I share my piano talents. I just go up and play some prelude music or I start playing piano and members walk in and discover I have this talent. They really like it and so do missionaries. I play a lot of songs that missionaries know and it is cool to see them relax or sing along when I play that certain song.
Our investigators are....alright. We still got Frank and Annie. Still waiting on Franks divorce, but he is progressing well. Richard is still dropped but likes to contact us. The ward really wants to focus on the lost sheep I told you about before which we are doing incredible at. Again, couldn't ask for a better ward than this in missionary work. We are still pretty sick, but not terrible, but I guess that is what you get when you go in and out all day and are in contact with people as well. But we take as much medicine as possible when it comes to it.
My companion is not as trunky as he was before. I guess we are always trunky, but we can control how much it shows. Also, as you know it is transfer week and we get to know if either one of us are going to get transferred. Good news is that none of us are getting transferred. We get to spend another transfer together! That means we get to spend Christmas together! Woooo!!! I am excited that we both didn't get transferred!
I am coming on my 16 month mark which means I will be almost 2/3 done with my mission. Awesome! Crazy how fast things go!
Quick Question time:
Question #1: was the Spanish missionary finishing his mission and gave the coat to you?
He leaves in February so he is leaving soon. But he had multiple coats so he just gave one to me. I do have plenty of winter equipment. Plenty of thermals and warm stuff. It is usually the wind chill that we have to look out for.
Before I sign off, I want to hear your opinion on something next week. Why did David pick up 5 stones when it only took one to kill Goliath? Love you all! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment